COMMUNITY WRITES is seeking submissions for a new program to engage writers with strong ties to the north Oregon Coast. Whether you live here all year or visit regularly, we invite our community members to write short pieces inspired by the topics below. Entries may be fiction, non-fiction or memoir and will be published on this page. There is a $5 fee per submission.
We are kicking off this quarterly program with submissions focused on “New Beginnings.”
Topics and Deadlines
“New Beginnings” December 1, 2020-January 15, 2021
“Baseball” March 1, 2021-April 15, 2021
“Summer” June 1, 2021-July 15, 2021
“Colors” September 1, 2021-October 15, 2021
- Contributions should be a minimum of 500 words, and no more than 800 words, focused on prompts that will change each quarter.
- One submission per writer per quarter.
- Writers will be asked for a brief bio describing their connection to the North Oregon Coast.
- Submissions will be published as received, on a rolling basis.
- Entries will be lightly edited, with corrections for typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors.
- While we discourage anonymous submissions, we recognize there are instances in which writers may feel compromised by identifying themselves. We will consider requests to publish such pieces on an individual basis.
- We reserve the right to exclude inappropriate content.
- The first prompt is “New Beginnings.”
- Contributions are due no later than January 15, 2021 for the inaugural prompt.