Hoffman Center for the Arts is thrilled to announce
the theme for the 8th Annual Community Art Show
The theme for the January 2024 Show is….INDIGO!
Last year, we had a record number of artists, with 65 North Coast artists participating. Let’s see if we can beat that! We encourage a diversity of interpretation of the theme and a wide range of media—paintings, prints, collage, textiles, metals, wood, ceramics, writing, and more.
And, if you need a boost of inspiration, we are lucky to have indigo queen Iris Sullivan Daire join us in October for a two-day workshop: Ink, Paint, Print: Making Art Supplies with Natural Indigo. Plant based Indigo pigment is one of the wonders of the world. Though better known for its unequaled role in textiles, it can also be used to create a variety of artist materials. In this workshop we will make ink, paints, crayons, and printing inks with this famed blue. In addition to producing shades of true blue, we will bind indigo’s dark midnight with special clays to create a stable turquoise pigment based on ancient Mesoamerican technology. After crafting our materials, we will practice and play with them to create small works. Register here.
Art Due | January 3, 2024 | 12-5pm
Exhibition | January 6–27 | 3-5pm
Artist Reception | January 6 | 1-4pm
Please observe these guidelines before bringing art to the gallery:
• One piece per artist
• Your piece must somehow include the color indigo
• You must be a full or part-time resident of Tillamook or Clatsop County
• Work should be ready to install with good quality hanging or displaying hardware
• Work made within the past two years and not previously exhibited at the Hoffman Gallery.
• Size limit not to exceed 325 sq. inches strictly observed–Widest point multiplied by tallest
point including frame.