Connect Your Community to the Arts—Volunteer!
Your time and skills are vital to our success. Join the over 110 volunteers who lend a hand to help make the Hoffman Center for the Arts thrive. You’ll discover volunteering with us is a fun way to meet new people who care about arts and culture.
Whether you’re looking for a high-impact leadership role, prefer to work with a team, or only have a little time to share, we’re excited to hear from you. Explore our volunteer opportunities below and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Key Roles We Are Seeking
Hoffman Host (Two 2.5 hour shifts a month)
- Greet, acquaint people to the Hoffman Center, and answer questions
- Sell art from the gallery following guidelines
- Help people sign up for e-news, classes and navigate website
Facilities (Four hours monthly)
- Lend a hand around the building.
- Wash the few windows, sweep down cobwebs and sweep up debris,
- pull or burn a few weeds.
- Put up fixtures, change batteries,
- Water the front plants,
- move stuff around as necessary
Programs (Hours Vary)
- Learn more by getting involved… the Hoffman offers classes and events in ceramics, horticulture, gallery, visual arts, and writing. Volunteers help make this possible. If you have an area of interest and skills, we’d love to hear from you.
Tell us about yourself!
Standing Committees You Can Join
If you have a specific skill, or special interest in one of our programs, apply to participate in one of our standing committees:
- Write and distribute press releases to relevant media for Center programs
- Design flyers for events and workshops per HCA standards
- Support special projects including mailings, annual reports, event invitations, etc.
- Ensure the Hoffman Center building and 594 Laneda property is in good order
- Identify and manage projects for repairs and improvements
- Identify funding sources that are a good fit for the HCA
- Work with the Board and others to identify relevant projects in need of funding
- Work with project champions to develop narrative and budgets for applications
Clay Studio Committee
- Staff the Clay Studio during Open Studio hours
- Orient newcomers to the studio equipment and materials
- Answer questions and offer tips
- Help the Clay Program in other ways
- Host during open gallery hours
- Assist customers to purchase artwork
Wonder Garden Committee
- Participate in periodic weeding parties to maintain the Gardens
- Sign-up for Gardens watering schedule during summer months
Visual Arts Committee
- Review proposals from prospective instructors
- Identify opportunities for additional programming
- Work with Gallery Manager to present instructor art shows
Writing Program Committees
- Help identify authors to feature in the Manzanita Writers’ Series
- Work on the North Coast Squid literary magazine
- Help manage the Word & Image project, including graphic design for the broadsides and book
- Help put on workshops and special events like PoetryFest and the Manzanita Writers Retreat